28%
Only 28% of the American public supports the GOP effort to change the rules to prevent judicial filibusters. This debate might be taking place outside of the mainstream consciousness to some degree, but it still seems like a loser for the Repubs.
They are so drunk with their own power that recently they can't seem to see that some of their positions are deeply unpopular (read: Social Security privatization, Terri Schiavo). While I'm upset with what they're trying to do, I like watching them paddle their way over a waterfall.
I was a little young to remember the national sentiments in 1993 when the Dems held House/Senate/White House, but I wonder how much they acted as arrogantly as the Repubs are now and how much of it hit the national consciousness. On the other hand, going to bat for 28% of the public seems not arrogant but just stupid.
They are so drunk with their own power that recently they can't seem to see that some of their positions are deeply unpopular (read: Social Security privatization, Terri Schiavo). While I'm upset with what they're trying to do, I like watching them paddle their way over a waterfall.
I was a little young to remember the national sentiments in 1993 when the Dems held House/Senate/White House, but I wonder how much they acted as arrogantly as the Repubs are now and how much of it hit the national consciousness. On the other hand, going to bat for 28% of the public seems not arrogant but just stupid.
<< Home