6.13.2005

I'd like to read this book, I think

Mary at the The LeftCoaster recommends a book here called Start Making Sense. It sounds pretty good. She says:

The folk at Alternet.org called on some of the best and most thoughtful progressive thinkers, writers and activists including Howard Dean, Markos
Moulitsas, George Lakoff, Jim Hightower, Arianna Huffington, Barbara Ehrenreich and Thomas Frank to give their ideas on what happened and what should we be doing now. As cover says, the goal of the book is to turn the lessons of the 2004 election into winning progressive politics.

Now that sounds pretty good. But I do wonder if this is going to be another litany about the same old tired things. We have to start talking about economic issues, rather than cultural issues. We have to begin to frame issues better so as to connect with the average American more. We have to empower alternative media and listen to the grassroots. And so on and so on. If it's that same formulation, I don't know if I want to read it. I suppose I'll read it and report back. Stay tuned.