DeLaying the inevitable
I wonder what it'll take to bring down DeLay. It seems to me that he is cheering on any and all fights between Senate Dems and the WH because it takes the heat off him.
But this kind of stuff really leaves you wondering how long other political fights will be able to take the pressure off him. It seems to me that the seaminess of what he was doing and the overt corruption of his buddy Abramoff really leaves him up a creek.
Now the Ethics Committee is back up and running, and they'll have to take a look into his affairs. My guess is that their look will turn into an investigation that will last till after the '06 elections without significant fallout. I hope I'm wrong, but...
But this kind of stuff really leaves you wondering how long other political fights will be able to take the pressure off him. It seems to me that the seaminess of what he was doing and the overt corruption of his buddy Abramoff really leaves him up a creek.
Now the Ethics Committee is back up and running, and they'll have to take a look into his affairs. My guess is that their look will turn into an investigation that will last till after the '06 elections without significant fallout. I hope I'm wrong, but...
<< Home