10.18.2005

Judy, Judy, Judy

I think that the NYTimes has to ditch hack reporter turned self-made media freedom advocate Judith Miller. I think her reporting shows a lack of introspection about the motives of her sources and an overall willingness to trumpet whatever she's told without fact-checking. I have to blame her editors for not reining her in, but still, she's the source of the problem...

Laura Rozen says:

At one point in the winter/spring of 2002, it was becoming evident that the FBI was shifting its focus of investigation from foreign sources...to US domestic sources, in particular those with a connection to the US government biodefense program.

....But the NYT's Judith Miller...who had established close ties with several members of the US government bioweapons and biodefense community for research for her book, simply wouldn't report out what was really happening with the investigation....It was hard at the time to not wonder if her close relationship to her sources in the US government program hadn't steered her away from what the rest of us were finding and reporting.

Fire her. Fire her. Fire her. Fire her.